Top 10 Agile Thought Leaders and Influencers to Follow on Twitter: Update for 2023
01 January 2023
If you're involved or interested in agile—and you're on Twitter—this article highlights agile thought leaders and influencers you may want to follow on the platform.
Update for 2023
We started with over 400 Twitter accounts and progressively refined it down to the top 10. We're transparent about the criteria and calculations for making this list; so, here's how we did it.
To qualify, Twitter accounts were required to meet all of the following six characteristics:
- Account is for a person or a professional association,
- Account is 3 or more years old,
- Account is active (defined as 5 or more tweets in the last 30 days),
- 1,000 or more tweets,
- 7,000 or more followers, and
- 90% or more of tweets have engagement (e.g., likes and retweets).
The accounts meeting the above qualifications were then weighted and ranked ordered on three factors:
- Number of followers (weighted at 1x),
- Number of tweets in the last 30 days (weighted at 1x), and
- Percent of tweets with engagement (because this reflects the effectiveness of tweets, and to what degree they are connecting with followers, it was weighted higher—at 3x).
Notes: The data source is Twitter. Conducted analysis on 9/21/22. Edited story on 1/1/23. Disclosure: Scott M. Graffius is the author of Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions. Source of screen shot images: Respective Twitter accounts. Names, marks, and images are the property of their respective owners.
The top 10 follow.
#1 | Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Twitter handle: @PMInstitute
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/PMInstitute
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Our mission—Making you and your projects more successful
#2 | Henrik Kniberg
- Twitter handle: @HenrikKniberg
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/henrikkniberg
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Former Minecraft game designer/developer/coach @ Mojang. Cofounder of http://GoClimate.com. Like to jam! Previously Spotify/LEGO. I'm MrHenrik in MC.
#3 | Scott M. Graffius
- Twitter handle: @ScottGraffius
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/scottgraffius
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Agile, project management and PMO leader. Award-winning author. Keynote speaker. Global Fortune 500 experience in leading business and tech transformations.
#4 | Scrum.org
- Twitter handle: @ScrumDotOrg
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/Scrumdotorg
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Scrum.org, the Home of Scrum, was founded by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber as a mission-based organization to help people and teams solve complex problems.
#5 | Jeff Sutherland
- Twitter handle: @JeffSutherland
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/JeffSutherland
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Co-Creator of #Scrum and #ScrumatScale and Signatory of the #AgileManifesto
#6 | Mike Cohn
- Twitter handle: @MikeWCohn
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/MikeWCohn
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: I'm an agile software development consultant, trainer, author and practitioner. I blog at http://mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog #MGSClasses
#7 | PM Voices
- Twitter handle: @PMVoices
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/PMVoices
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Insights on all things PM, created by and for project practitioners
#8 | Agile Alliance
- Twitter handle: @AgileAlliance
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/AgileAlliance
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: #Agile Alliance is a global nonprofit membership organization dedicated to people and organizations that apply the values and principles of the #AgileManifesto
#9 | Scrum Alliance
- Twitter handle: @ScrumAlliance
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/ScrumAlliance
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: We advance real-world agility by equipping changemakers with what they need to get the job and get the job done.
#10 | Esther Derby
- Twitter handle: @EstherDerby
- Direct link: https://twitter.com/EstherDerby
- Bio/description as it appears on Twitter account: Coach and consultant. Helping ppl create work environments that are humane and productive. Podcast: http://changebyattraction.simplecast.com
Follow the 10 Twitter accounts for insights on agile.
About Scott M. Graffius
Scott M. Graffius, PMP, CSP-SM, CSP-PO, CSM, CSPO, SFE, ITIL, LSSGB is an agile project management practitioner, consultant, multi award-winning author, and highly sought-after international keynote speaker. He has generated over $1.75 billion of business value in aggregate for the organizations he has served. Graffius is the CEO and Principal Consultant at Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions™ and subsidiary Exceptional Agility™. Content from his books, talks, workshops, and more have been featured and used by businesses, professional associations, governments, and universities. Examples include Microsoft, Oracle, Broadcom, Cisco, Gartner, Project Management Institute, IEEE, U.S. Soccer Federation, Qantas, National Academy of Sciences, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. National Park Service, New Zealand Ministry of Education, Yale University, Warsaw University of Technology, and others. Graffius has delighted audiences with dynamic and engaging talks and workshops on agile and technology leadership at 82 conferences and other events across 24 countries.
His full bio is available at https://Exceptional-PMO.com.
Connect with Scott on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
About Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions
Shifting customer needs are common in today's marketplace. Businesses must be adaptive and responsive to change while delivering an exceptional customer experience to be competitive.
There are a variety of frameworks supporting the development of products and services, and most approaches fall into one of two broad categories: traditional or agile. Traditional practices such as waterfall engage sequential development, while agile involves iterative and incremental deliverables. Organizations are increasingly embracing agile to manage projects, and best meet their business needs of rapid response to change, fast delivery speed, and more.
With clear and easy to follow step-by-step instructions, Scott M. Graffius's award-winning Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions helps the reader:
- Implement and use the most popular agile framework―Scrum;
- Deliver products in short cycles with rapid adaptation to change, fast time-to-market, and continuous improvement; and
- Support innovation and drive competitive advantage.
Hailed by Literary Titan as “the book highlights the versatility of Scrum beautifully.”
Winner of 17 first place awards.
Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions is available in paperback and ebook/Kindle in the United States and around the world. Some links by country follow.
🇨🇿 Czech Republic
🇳🇿 New Zealand
🇬🇧 United Kingdom
🇺🇸 United States
🌏 More countries
About Agile Transformation: A Brief Story of How an Entertainment Company Developed New Capabilities and Unlocked Business Agility to Thrive in an Era of Rapid Change
Thriving in today's marketplace frequently depends on making a transformation to become more agile. Those successful in the transition enjoy faster delivery speed and ROI, higher satisfaction, continuous improvement, and additional benefits.
Based on actual events, Agile Transformation: A Brief Story of How an Entertainment Company Developed New Capabilities and Unlocked Business Agility to Thrive in an Era of Rapid Change provides a quick (60-90 minute) read about a successful agile transformation at a multinational entertainment and media company, told from the author's perspective as an agile coach.
The award-winning book by Scott M. Graffius is available in paperback and ebook/Kindle in the United States and around the world. Some links by country follow.
🇨🇿 Czech Republic
🇳🇿 New Zealand
🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates
🇬🇧 United Kingdom
🇺🇸 United States
🌏 More countries
About Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions
Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions™ and our Exceptional Agility™ subsidiary provides client organizations with advisory, training, speaking, embedded talent, and facilitative consulting services to help them advance their agile project, program, portfolio, and PMO management capabilities to best realize their strategic objectives and business initiatives, making them more competitive and valuable. Our seven core values are integrity, objectivity, collaboration, persistence, innovation, continuous learning and improvement, and exceptional results. We confidently provide a Delighted Client Guarantee™. To learn more, visit https://Exceptional-PMO.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
This story was simultaneously published here and at https://AgileScrumGuide.com.
The short link for this article is: https://bit.ly/2023-agile.
© Copyright 2023 Scott M. Graffius, Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions™. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the express written permission of Scott M. Graffius/Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions™.