15 September 2017
In IT, there's no substitute for experience. However, certifications remain a valuable tool for advancing one's career. CIO* reports that 13 IT certifications emerged as the most valuable, and three of the 13 are related to project management. Here's the list:
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
2. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
3. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
4. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
5. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
6. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
7. Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
8. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure sub-category
9. VCP6 – DCV
10. AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
11. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
12. Project Management Professional (PMP)
13. Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
If you're interested in learning about the project management related certifications (CAPM, PMP and CSM), links follow. For information on the CAPM and PMP, visit the Project Management Institute. For information on the CSM, visit the Scrum Alliance.
* Source: https://www.cio.com/article/2392856/it-skills-training/careers-staffing-12-it-certifications-that-deliver-career-advancement.html
You're invited to connect with Exceptional PPM and PMO Solutions™ on social. Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more information, you can review what we do, see who we are, check out our infographics, read additional stories from our blog, and visit our newsroom.