03 October 2017 by Scott M. Graffius - filed inDigital Transformation
This is a brief overview of digital transformation—including key steps, business benefits, and how agile can help deliver results quickly.
Digital transformation is about leveraging data and connectivity to change the way the business competes and adds value. Leaders who don’t seize this opportunity will see their organization's business value erode.
Digital transformation involves three key steps:
1. Convert data to insight. Collect, analyze and make sense of historical and real-time data.
2. Impart insight to action. Leverage the insight as an action within a business process or other application.
3. Convert action to outcome. Invent new or reinvent existing business processes or models, creating a stronger value proposition.
Digital transformation may yield one or more of the following benefits for businesses:
1. Reach ROI sooner
2. Better products/services
3. Faster time-to-market
4. Less waste
5. More profit
6. Protect/secure market share
7. Improved competitive advantage
Digital transformation is about revolutionizing the way business is done, and an agile approach can help teams adapt and deliver value quickly. That supports innovation and succeeding in a rapidly evolving world.
For those interested in agile, Agile Scrum: Your Quick Start Guide with Step-by-Step Instructions provides an authoritative roadmap to easily and quickly implement Scrum, the most popular agile project management and delivery framework. It helps teams deliver products in short cycles with rapid adaptation to change, fast time-to-market, and continuous improvement―which drives competitive advantage. The book is available in paperback and ebook formats at Amazon. For more on the book, please see agilescrumguide.com.